Aerotek Staffing, an agency that does a lot of the placement in the biotech industry, anticipates having some positions over the next couple of weeks that may be of interest to the Bridge to Biotech students and others. Anyone who is interested should email their resume to the person listed below.
This position is responsible for the safe and efficient maintenance of fixed equipment within the terminal including preventative and routine maintenance, and repairs in compliance with all company and industry safety, environmental and operating policies and procedures. Duties include conducting safety meetings, field safety audits, planning and scheduling daily work assignments, procuring materials and parts and directing contractors.
Assistant Secretary Martinez Discusses Integrated Employment
Promoting integrated employment as the first option for people with disabilities, including significant disabilities, was the focus of two recent events keynoted by Assistant Secretary of Labor for Disability Employment Policy Kathy Martinez. The first, on September 19 in New York at John Jay College of Criminal Justice, gathered disability rights attorneys, service providers and students to explore the impact of the Supreme Court’s decision in Olmstead v. L.C., which 15 years ago affirmed that people with significant disabilities have the right to live and work in their communities.
State Guidance for Local Workforce Investment Areas on Determining Individual’s Eligibility to Participate in WIA
This directive provides guidance for determining an individual’s eligibility to participate in Workforce Investment Act (WIA) Title I programs. This directive applies to all Local Workforce Investment Areas (local areas) and other recipients of WIA funds.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Warehouse Helper 1 through Sept. 28, 2014
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Manual material handling.
- Palletizer operations.
- Trailer loading and offloading.
- Operator Forklift
All applicants must apply via the website, www.usps.com/employment. No resumes accepted. Please ensure that pop up blocker is disabled or it will stop the application process.
This is your excellent opportunity to join a fast paced, fast growth leader in the ‘Going Green ‘ home improvement industry. We are SolarWinds Energy – ‘SWE’. We have built the most efficient and professional home improvement company.
Join us to learn about our Income Tax Course, or upcoming career opportunities with H&R Block in one of our many Solano, Contra Costa, Alameda, or Napa county locations!
NuWater is a California company focused on addressing a fundamental human need: clean water for survival. The company was formed shortly after the devastating earthquake and tsunami in Japan with the intention of producing the world’s first water filter that could effectively remove dangerous radioactive contamination from water. With the creation of the revolutionary TRAP filter, the company was born.
Below are the new levels and contact information should you have questions.
Assistant Secretary Martinez Discusses People with Disabilities and the Financial Industry
U.S. News and World Report Money recently published an article, “How People with Disabilities Can Overcome Money Challenges,” which examined a report released by the National Disability Institute about the financial challenges faced by people with disabilities. These challenges include a higher rate of poverty, added expenses for disability-related needs, and barriers created by the financial industry.
Company has three core teams that all work together:
- The Kitchen Teamis responsible for ensuring full execution of all ingredient fillings for each week’s box.
- The Packing Teamputs finished ingredients into boxes. They are the final quality check on all items.
- 3.The Shipping and Receiving Teamreceives ingredients and organizes finished boxes to send to customers.
- Deliver products to job sites assuring products are in conditions according to quality-control standards.
- Ensure trucks are loaded and unloaded according to company standards and procedures.
- Ensure customer requested dates are met according to instructions of traffic manager.
- Ensure all administration paperwork concerning delivery orders required to move with shipments are available for inspection and that appropriate paperwork accompanies delivery.
Invitation for America’s Job Center of California and Employment Development Department (EDD) staff to participate in a 2.5 hour webinar on the Veterans’ Services Navigator (VSN) roles and responsibilities and the new Veteran Intake Form.
The department will be announcing a $100 million grant competition this fall to expand American apprenticeship programs to more industries, as part of President Obama’s commitment to double the number of apprenticeship programs over the next five years. On Sept. 15, Dr. Jill Biden, wife of Vice President Biden, traveled to Zurich, Switzerland, to learn more about that country’s successful career and technical education programs and to speak at an international forum.
Y-SCHOLARS PROGRAM: The Y-Scholars Program vision is to build a learning community that practices continuous self-improvement to achieve our high ambitions. With an emphasis on relationship building and coaching, the Y-Scholars Program supports high school students by improving their academic skills, developing their CLASP (commitment, leadership, attitude, self-discipline, passion) character strengths, and assisting them in making informed decisions about their personal goals and future plans.
The site is a resource and has no direct affiliation with the employers, organizations, schools, or events posted. To learn more, please contact
Dennis Rojas: 510-290-9705
September 30 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
September 30 @ 1:30 pm - 4:00 pm
October 2 @ 9:00 am - 11:30 pm
October 2 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Berkeley Farms Job Fair July 16 & 17 in Hayward July 2, 2014
- Summer Youth Employment in the Hayward Area June 10, 2013
- IMPLEMENTATION OF THE VETERANS RETRAINING ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (VRAP) June 21, 2012
- AssistMeLive in Oakland is looking for Bilingual Interpreters July 24, 2012
- Rubicon in Berkeley is Hiring for a Staffing Specialist August 22, 2012
- On-Site Recruitment for U.S. Census this Thursday September 29, 2014
- Current Job Openings at UC Berkeley September 29, 2014
- Job Recruitment for Production Workers at Fremont One-Stop September 29, 2014
- Aerotek Staffing anticipates positions for Bridge to Biotech students September 29, 2014
- NUSTAR ENERGY in Crockett is Hiring for Maintenance Technician Lead September 29, 2014
- Manuel Morales: Will you have another job fair again. i didn't kn...
- firstname.lastname@example.org: The job fair was completely disorganized they say ...
- Rehan Alasmelmibut: I am Rehan Alasmelmibut and I am interested in man...
- John Gomes: My John Gomes I am currently employed and working ...
- Justin Henderson: My name is Justin Henderson and I'm interested in...