Participants will receive 4 weeks of FREE hands on training. The training will focus on developing skills to enter into the Reinforcing Ironwork industry. Those who complete the 4 week course will have an excellent opportunity to begin a career as an Ironworker apprentice.
There will be a webinar, “Sector Strategies and the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA): Start Planning Now,” presented by the Department of Labor on November 4, 2014, at 9 a.m.
The unemployment rate in the Oakland-Fremont-Hayward MD was 5.7 percent in September 2014, down from a revised 6.1 percent in August 2014, and below the year-ago estimate of 7.1 percent. This compares with an unadjusted unemployment rate of 6.9 percent for California and 5.7 percent for the nation during the same period. The unemployment rate was 5.7 percent in Alameda County, and 5.7 percent in Contra Costa County.
Hiring the long-term unemployed: Providing a competitive advantage for businesses and helping to strengthen the U.S. economy
Deloitte and The Rockefeller Foundation — in support of the White House National Economic Council — have collaborated to develop handbooks to expand opportunities for the long-term unemployed. These unique resources — based on interviews with employers, job seekers, and employment-focused organizations across the U.S. — are designed to help job seekers re-tool their job search, empower employers with tools to tap into this talent pool and enable communities to work together to mitigate this economic challenge.
This is a unique part time position (18-20 hours per week) at a health care clinic in Walnut Creek, CA. The work hours will increase as the clinic grows, but not in the near future.
You need to be a quick learner, good communicator, assertive, multi-tasker and motivated to implement new ideas. We need someone who is very caring, compassionate and tolerant with a cheerful disposition personally and toward our patients as well as being able to ease the flow of our office by supporting the director of the clinic, and continuing to uphold our positive and caring environment.
Berkeley Forge and Tool is in a high growth mode and hiring for multiple openings. This is a heavy manufacturing environment and openings include Forklift Operators, Grinder/Welders, & Manual Lathe Operators. They are willing to train too.
Housing Specialist – https://home2.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=11530402
Housing Inspections – https://home2.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=13610962
Maintenance Technician- https://home2.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=14380382
Relief Shelter Worker: https://home2.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=11490932
This notice from the Department of Labor is to inform the public workforce system and employers about affirmative efforts by employers, employer organizations, and workforce agencies to assist long-term unemployed individuals.
Despite job growth being at the healthiest pace since 1998, long-term unemployment remains near historic highs. To help reach this unique population, the department will award nearly $170 million in grants through the Ready to Work Partnerships initiative. According to the announcement made on Oct. 15, 23 programs will be funded, serving individuals in 20 states and Puerto Rico.
- Valid CA Driver’s License
- Reliable Transportation
- California Workers Permit or Social Security Number
- English Speaking
- At least 18 years old
- Not afraid of heights
Starting pay- $12.50/hr
3 openings for Tellers
2 Accounts Payable roles
4 openings for Spanish Speaking Customer Service Professionals.
50 Call Center Professionals: Monday- Saturday hours range from 6am to 11:00pm. Background Check Required.
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development announced the availability of funding of approximately $24 million for the Jobs Plus Pilot program for Public Housing Agencies to develop locally-based approaches to increase earnings and advance employment outcomes for Public Housing residents.
The Alameda County Library is seeking individual through the Step Program to perform part-time clerical work
The Alameda County Library is currently seeking an individual to perform part-time clerical work in a public library. Positions in the STEP-UP Program are designated for individuals with severe disabilities who are not currently employed by Alameda County. While such positions are not subject to examination, candidates are subject to a one-year job performance review period equivalent to working 1,950 hours.
- Loading trucks
- General organizing and cleaning/maintenance of the warehouse
- Packing, Picking of construction materials (cables & pipes)
- Must be detail oriented and skilled in visual acuity to recognize similar/dissimilar products.
- 10-6:30 or 11-7:30.
- Temp to hire opportunity for an experienced warehouse worker
Assistant Secretary Martinez Featured in Unite Magazine
Unite magazine, a bi-monthly lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) business publication, featured Assistant Secretary of Labor for Disability Employment Policy Kathy Martinez in an article “Working Together to Promote Inclusive Workplaces” in its October/November issue. Martinez talked about National Disability Employment Awareness Month, saying “A strong workforce is an inclusive workforce.” The article discussed the connections between the disability community and the LGBT community, particularly in the area of employment.
“Over the last four years, the Obama administration has made an unprecedented $2 billion investment in community colleges to build a 21st century skills infrastructure,” said U.S. Secretary of Labor Thomas E. Perez during a trip to Springfield, Mass., on Oct. 8. Perez, along with Education Secretary Arne Duncan, visited Springfield Technical Community College to see firsthand how these investments are preparing workers for new in-demand occupations.
This recruitment will open Friday, October 10 until Friday, October 17, 2014 at 4:30 p.m. Applications will ONLY be accepted by the Recruitment Division online at www.ebmud.com beginning at 8:00 a.m. on Thursday, October 16 and submitted by4:30 p.m. on Friday, October 17, 2014.
“Documenting Employee Performance and Misconduct Issues & Conducting Effective Workplace Investigations”
Learn how to document employee misconduct and performance issues and conduct workplace investigations in this popular step-by-step training program for designed for HR professionals, workplace investigators and employment lawyers. HRCI credit available for HR professionals.
The primary function of the Safety Technician is to assist the client with the proper uses of safety equipment listed within Airgas On-Site Safety inventories. The Safety Technician has been trained to calibrate equipment and tocheck to insure that equipment offered is in proper working condition.
H & L Chem-Dry in Walnut Creek Seeking Self-motivated Carpet/Upholstery Cleaning Technician to start training ASAP
Read the following posting carefully and only reply if you meet ALL of the following criteria:
- California drivers license with clean driving record.
- Pass Department of Justice (D.O.J.) background check
- Neat Appearance and Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
The site is a resource and has no direct affiliation with the employers, organizations, schools, or events posted. To learn more, please contact
Dennis Rojas: 510-290-9705
- Rubicon in Berkeley is Hiring for a Staffing Specialist August 22, 2012
- IMPLEMENTATION OF THE VETERANS RETRAINING ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (VRAP) June 21, 2012
- The United States Postal Service has Employment Opportunities September 25, 2014
- Part-Time Seasonal Positions at Concord Pavilion this Saturday April 26th April 22, 2014
- ATTENTION: Fake Employer Stealing SS# and Money from Job Seekers February 8, 2013
- Ohlone College Job Fair Friday Oct. 24 : 11 am to 2 pm October 23, 2014
- Accepting Applications & Conducting Interviews for Safety Attendents October 23, 2014
- Free 4 Week Ironworkers Training Course October 23, 2014
- Webinar on Sector Strategies and the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) October 23, 2014
- Latest Eastbay Labor Market Information from Cindy Sugrue, East Bay Labor Market Consultant October 23, 2014
- assembly work at home: assembly work at home adwords help...
- Dennis Rojas: I apologize. Agencies forward job announcements a...
- Judy Matluck: I went to the US Post office website and they said...
- Manuel Morales: Will you have another job fair again. i didn't kn...
- firstname.lastname@example.org: The job fair was completely disorganized they say ...