The unemployment rate in the Oakland-Fremont-Hayward MD was 6.8 percent in January 2014, up from a revised 6.3 percent in December 2013, and below the year-ago estimate of 8.5 percent. This compares with an unadjusted unemployment rate of 8.5 percent for California and 7.0 percent for the nation during the same period. The unemployment rate was 6.7 percent in Alameda County, and 7.0 percent in Contra Costa County.
California’s unemployment rate was 8.1 percent in January, down 0.2 percentage point from December, and down 1.4 percentage points from 1 year ago. In comparison, the U.S. unemployment rate was 6.6 percent in January, down 0.1 percentage point from December, and down 1.3 percentage points from 1 year ago.
|•||Labor Force and Industry Employment Data for January 2014|
|•||Release of Annual Benchmark Revisions|
|•||The Pew Research Center Releases New Report on Millennials’ College Attainment|
|•||Help Wanted OnLine™ (HWOL) Data Series for January 2014|
NEW! Data Resources for Labor Market Information in the Bay Area from the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
We are excited to share the addition of a Data section to the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco’s Community Development website. This new resource provides access to valuable social and economic indicators for the 12th District. Click the image below or visit our webpage and click “data” to start exploring.
Both the number of unemployed persons (10.5 million) and the unemployment rate (6.7 percent) changed little in February. The jobless rate has shown little movement since December. Over the year, the number of unemployed persons and the unemployment rate were down by 1.6 million and 1.0 percentage point.
The purpose of this Information Notice is to advise the Workforce Development Community of the availability of approximately $3 million in grants through the Proposition 39 Pre-Apprenticeship Support, Training and Placement program. The grants will fund projects that create opportunities for California job seekers to earn industry-valued credentials and enter into apprenticeship or direct employment in the energy efficiency construction sector.
Macy’s Broadway Plaza, Walnut Creek, CA: Retail Support Associate – Merchandising Flex Team – Walnut Creek, CA
Macy’s Stoneridge, Pleasanton, CA: Gift Registry Advisor, Day Part Time – Pleasanton, CA
Macy’s Stoneridge, Pleasanton, CA: Gift Registry Advisor, Night Part Time – Pleasanton, CA
Macy’s Stoneridge, Pleasanton, CA: Retail Cosmetics Sales – Beauty Advisor, Full Time/Part Time – Pleasanton, CA
Macy’s Stoneridge, Pleasanton, CA: Retail Sales Associate, Part Time – Pleasanton, CA
Macy’s Stoneridge, Pleasanton, CA: Retail Support Associate, Full Time/Part Time – Pleasanton, CA
Partnership for American Veterans Employment and Education Solutions Invites Applicants for its Stephen M. Wing Take Flight Scholarship
The Partnership for American Veterans Employment and Education Solutions (PAVES) is accepting applications for its Stephen M. Wing Take Flight Scholarship program. The program is designed to assist those individuals committed to advancing their career paths by increasing their employment and education opportunities.
Victory Media announced the launch of STEM Jobs® magazine, a national digital and print publication that encourages high school and college students, especially women and minorities, to pursue Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) education and careers. The premier issue highlights the science behind making our Olympic athletes more competitive at Sochi.
President Obama announced on Feb. 27 another key component of his opportunity agenda. “My Brother’s Keeper” is an initiative designed to tackle disparities and expand opportunity for young men of color. As part of the announcement, foundations, businesses and others agreed to partner and help provide young men of color with mentoring, support networks, access to a good education and the skills they need to succeed. Foundations have made $150 million in investments and announced that they will invest an additional $200 million over the next five years.
Think Beyond the Label will hold an online career fair on March 5, 1:00-4:00 PM EST. The event will connect companies to qualified candidates with disabilities from Think Beyond the Label’s online community of candidates and its partnerships with employment services agencies and student organizations nationwide. Job seekers will have the opportunity to engage with recruiters one-on-one in this real-time forum. Registration is free for job seekers.
“We are a nation that believes in second chances,” Secretary Perez said in an announcement of the department’s new $30 million Training to Work grant competition. The funding will help men and women participating in a prison work-release program gain the necessary job skills to successfully transition to in-demand jobs when returning to their communities.
Click Job Link
- Macy’s Bay Fair, San Leandro, CA: Retail Loss Prevention/Security Detective, Full Time – San Leandro, CA
- Macy’s Broadway Plaza, Walnut Creek, CA: Retail Support Associate – Merchandising Flex Team – Walnut Creek, CA
- Macy’s Broadway Plaza, Walnut Creek, CA: Retail Cosmetics Sales – Beauty Advisor, Full Time/Part Time – Walnut Creek, CA
- Macy’s Broadway Plaza, Walnut Creek, CA: Starbucks Barista, Flex Team – Walnut Creek, CA
- Macy’s Hilltop, Richmond, CA: Retail Sales Associate – Fine Jewelry, Part Time – RICHMOND, CA
- Macy’s Hilltop, Richmond, CA: Retail Sales Associate, Part Time – RICHMOND, CA
- Macy’s Hilltop, Richmond, CA: Retail Commission Sales Associate – Women’s Shoes, Part Time – RICHMOND, CA
CLP Resources, a TrueBlue company, is hiring experienced marine machinists in Alameda, CA.
- We’re looking for experienced marine machinists to install and overhaul ship machinery.
- They will be removing, building, and repainting propellers, valves, shafts, bearings, couplings, and shipboard machinery on large marine vessels.
- While journeymen with prior Marine Machinist experience is ideal, individuals with other shop machinist experience would work, too.
FUNCTION: The function of the APP/CalWORKS Case Specialist is to enroll and maintain family files for subsidy families and provide program support to the overall operation of the Alternative Payment Programs, which include: APP General Fund (CAPP), Stage 2 (C2AP), and Stage 3(C3AP) programs.
A Dishwasher/Service Assistance at Denny’s plays a special role in the overall operation of the unit.
Your work makes everything tick like a clock. A Denny’s Dishwasher/Service Assistant has a “Guests First” attitude, engaging in friendly conversation with guests & employees as you perform duties such as:
The Receiver will manage all aspects of receiving products. They will inspect product upon delivery for quality and temperature control. They will manage invoices and packing slips and ensure all are promptly delivered to the office for processing. They will manage correct and orderly storage of all products in all storage areas according to the Revolution Foods HACCP program and rotate all product according to FIFO. The Receiver will be responsible for recording weekly inventory, and will conduct inventory counts on items as directed by Purchasing Manager. The Receiver is responsible for accurately recording and removing all waste from all areas of the kitchen by the end of each day. The Receiver will support kitchen production as directed by the Purchasing Manager.
Cintas is seeking a Shredding Specialist. This position will be responsible for destroying customer’s confidential documents by operating a shredding and baling machine. The position will work independently in a warehouse. The candidate should possess or have the ability to learn to operate warehouse machinery and equipment including a forklift.
The Web Fulfillment Specialist will process all incoming web orders from start to finish, ensuring that web orders are processed accurately, efficiently and within the defined turn-around time per customer service policies. The Specialist will need to have a working knowledge of our E-commerce platform and shipping software, such as UPS Worldship.
Last month, California announced its intent to award $250 million in one-time state funding to help address California’s dropout rate and “skills” gap through new college and career readiness programs and partnerships. The new California Career Pathways Trust seeks to establish and strengthen partnerships between K-12 schools, community colleges and businesses to better prepare students for college and future careers while also bolstering the economy.
Workforce System Strategies will add its 500th resource this month! Workforce system planners and leaders will find 500 research studies and implementation tools useful to inform program design, policy decisions, and grant writing.
Feb 21 -
Sprinkler Fitters Workshop
Feb 25 -
The site is a resource and has no direct affiliation with the employers, organizations, schools, or events posted. To learn more, please contact
Dennis Rojas: 510-290-9705
March 13 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
March 27 @ 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
- IMPLEMENTATION OF THE VETERANS RETRAINING ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (VRAP) June 21, 2012
- AssistMeLive in Oakland is looking for Bilingual Interpreters July 24, 2012
- Rubicon in Berkeley is Hiring for a Staffing Specialist August 22, 2012
- Bay Area AccentCare is Hiring for CNA’s & HHA’s Caregivers August 30, 2012
- Amtrack is hiring for Machine Operator; Welder; Mechanic; Foreman; Track Inspector September 14, 2012
- East Bay Labor Market Information from Cindy Sugrue, Labor Market Consultant at EDD March 10, 2014
- California’s Unemployment Rate and Other State Labor Market Information March 10, 2014
- NEW! Data Resources for Labor Market Information in the Bay Area from the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco March 10, 2014
- US Unemployment Rate was Little Changed at 6.7 Percent in February March 10, 2014
- $3 Million in Grants for California Pre-Apprenticeship Support, Training, and Placement Program March 10, 2014
- Driver’s Training Instructor (Contra Costa County) | East Bay Job Developers | The Uvesti Blog: […] Driver’s Training Instructor (Cont...
- gaitree basdeo: Hi good morning my name is gaitree basdeo I am lo...
- Dennis Rojas: Hi Curtis, You need to go to the website and appl...
- Curtis W. Jones: I would like to fill out a application....
- Maryliz Van nes: Hi Mary, Thanks for posting. I am unfortunately j...