The company is a family owned 24 hour 7 days a week operation company headquartered in Concord, California, since 1965. It’s an established carrier in the bulk transportation industry. They have built their reputation their commitment to long-term customer relationships by providing high quality transportation services for a wide variety of bulk commodities.
If you were asked to create a list of the technology you use to do your job every day, what would be on it? Your smart phone, perhaps? A computer and printer? Various websites and online applications? It’s no secret that today’s business workforce is powered by a range of information and communications technology (ICT). It’s a central driver of productivity in businesses both large and small.
Laying the Path for Career Success – ODEP Blog
November is National Career Development Month, and Maria Town, policy advisor in the Office of Disability Employment Policy, posted a November 13 blog, “Laying the Path for Career Success,” about the importance of Individualized Learning Plans (ILPs) in helping students explore the possibilities for life after high school.
In the blog, Town tells the story of Carla, a recent high school graduate who used her ILP throughout her school career to assess her interests, guide her coursework, and participate in work-based learning experiences. “Through her ILP, Carla’s teachers helped her and her parents discover her interests, set goals and identify what she needs to do to achieve them, whether with the help of others or on her own,” explained Town.
Need Health Coverage? The Health Insurance Marketplace Is the Place for You – Open Enrollment Period Is November 15, 2014 – February 15, 2015
Having trouble finding health insurance that fits your needs and your budget? Look no further than the Health Insurance Marketplace. All plans in the Marketplace cover essential health benefits, pre-¬‐existing conditions, and more. To find the latest, most accurate, information about the Marketplace visit HealthCare.gov. At this website, you can learn how the Marketplace works, who can apply for insurance, how to get insurance, how to lower your costs, and more. When you’re ready to apply and enroll in a health plan, HealthCare.gov is the place for that, too! No matter where you live, you may be able to buy insurance from private health plans that cover a comprehensive set of benefits, including doctor visits, hospital stays, preventive care, and prescriptions. And plans in the Marketplace must treat you fairly—they can’t deny you coverage because of a pre-¬‐existing condition. With a single application, you’ll also find out if you qualify for Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program, or savings you can use right away to lower your health insurance premiums.
Marketplace open enrollment period begins November 15, 2014. Enroll by December 15, 2014, for coverage effectiveJanuary 1, 2015. Open enrollment ends February 15, 2015. HealthCare.gov is your best source of information about the Marketplace. You can read important information, print checklists, and watch videos to help you apply and enroll. For help or more information, visit HealthCare.gov or call the Marketplace Call Center toll-¬‐free at 1-800-318-2596, to speak with a trained customer service representative. TTY users should call 1-855-889-4325. Tell the customer service representative if you need help in a language other than English. You can also visit Localhelp.healthcare.gov to find help in your area.
Building partnerships to improve job-training efforts is a central component of President Obama’s job-driven training agenda. It also served as a main theme of the Career and Technical Education-Workforce Development Summit sponsored by the AFL-CIO and the American Federation of Teachers in Washington, D.C., on Nov. 13.
The Driver delivers vehicles and in some instances, customers, employees or vendors safely and timely to the appropriate destination(s) while giving helpful, courteous and professional customer service.
- The Live-In Caregiver will be responsible for assisting a client with either personal care or home management tasks.
- Personal care includes tasks that range from assistance with basic personal hygiene and grooming, feeding, ambulation, medical monitoring, and other basic health care related tasks.
As a goods flow co-worker you contribute to the store replenishment process each day before the store opens. You need to be able to think and act efficiently and safely to ensure a smooth goods flow operation that results in the right products being available to customers.
Deli Clerk: To provide prompt, friendly, helpful well-informed service to customers and assist in operations of natural foods deli to help meet department goals.
As a Clerk, working in a fast pace environment, some of your typical job responsibilities will include greeting, registering patients, verifying insurance eligibility and appointments; handling all incoming telephone calls and scheduling patients for appointments.
You, or someone you know, can get a certificate in Biotech or the new Environmental Monitoring Certificate which prepares students for entry-level positions in the growing field of Biotech and environmental monitoring. In approximately 1 year of academic study, students can go on to work as laboratory assistants and related positions making great pay at companies like Genentech, UCSF, EPA, SFPUC and others.
Enrollment starts now for Spring 2015 and classes start January, 12th, 2015.
Come to Info Sessions THIS WEEK!
CCSF’S BRIDGE TO BIOSCIENCES INFO SESSIONS:
Wednesday, Nov 19th, 5-6pm
Mission Campus (1125 Valencia Street, San Francisco, CA ) Room 274
Thursday, Nov 20th, 11am-12pm
Ocean Campus (50 Phelan Avenue, San Francisco, CA ) Science Hall, Room 133
Short Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ka_aiHKIqg
Other contacts: Li Lovett, firstname.lastname@example.org , 452-5403, James Lewis, email@example.com , 920-6145.
We have 50 Customer Service Opportunities with our clients in Walnut Creek and Concord. We are in the process of organizing interviews for these positions! If you have customer service experience and want to work 40 hours a week, one of these positions could be for you!
We welcome Professionals with Call Center, banking and or retail experience. Prior success stories of creating happy Customers required!
- Competitive hourly pay.
- This is NOT a sales job. In bound calls ONLY.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- Make this the day you start a GREAT career!
Open House on Monday, November 17th starting at 10:30 am. Please join us to hear more details about the opportunity!
- 3000 Oak Road, Suite 625, Walnut Creek CA.
- Parking is $1.00 every 30 minutes
- Our office is BART accessible one block walk from the Pleasant Hill Station
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unable to attend the open house, but are interested in the opportunity.
We currently have many open orders. Light industrial candidates will need reliable transportation as most of these orders are in light industrial areas. However, the positions that are clerical appear to be fairly close to public transportation.
Monument Impact’s vision is to empower people to build a strong and vibrant quality of life. Our mission is to engage with the community to provide training and tools in order for people to become economically self-sufficient, healthy and safe, civically engaged, connected to each other, and committed to lifelong learning.
We want to express our deepest gratitude for the members of our Armed Forces. Our service men and women have risked their lives for us, and we are immeasurably indebted to them for their courageous service.
We still have a long way to go to ensure that our veterans have the resources they need to lead comfortable, fulfilling lives when they return home. That’s why I hope you’ll join me in thanking the veterans in your life and advocating for better care for them.
Our veterans are the bravest in the world, and they deserve all the best when they come home. Let’s do everything we can to provide that for them.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following responsibilities,
accomplished with or without reasonable accommodation, are essential to this position.
- Review and assess readiness of referred Direct job ready participants for employment services and develop Individual Employment Plan.
- Facilitate workshop, design, and delivery of professional development training workshops as needed.
- Develop employment sites by contacting prospective employers.
- Maintain computerized system for record keeping and tracking employers, participant activity, retention and results.
- Research information to stay informed on labor market trends.
- Experience with internal and external barriers that effects formerly incarcerated, homeless, and socially economic disadvantaged population.
- Work collaboratively with, individuals, families and community service providers to promote participants independence, dignity and well-being.
- Develop competitive job opportunities for Direct Services participants.
- Provide job retention services to Direct Services participants.
- Create and maintain participant files.
- Track placements of participants on a daily and weekly basis and give results to Administrative Assistant.
- Responsible for facilitating Job Search workshops, and Job Services to Direct Services participants.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma and or GED
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and be organized
- Job Development and Placement experience required with an understanding of disability-related issues and resources
- Experience working with diverse population
- Reliable transportation required
- Valid California Class C driver’s license, vehicle insurance and an acceptable driving record with ability to travel in the general Bay area with own transportation.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Professional Appearance required.
- Must possess good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must have basic computer skills and able to use Microsoft Office Applications
Ability to work effectively with diverse population; must be knowledgeable in employment practices. Outside/ inside work, sitting, walking, stooping, and bending. Ability to work Monday- Friday, 8:00a.m.-5:00p.m, with some weekends/or evenings, occasional lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, to lead, self-motivated, take initiative, follow-through and complete tasks on time.
- Ability to be resourceful, dependable, and patient and a positive role model for staff and clients.
- Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing; bilingual (English/Spanish) desirable.
- Sound knowledge of good records management and control.
Assistant Secretary Martinez Speaks to Work Without Limits Conference as NDEAM Comes to a Close
Assistant Secretary of Labor for Disability Employment Policy Kathy Martinez was in Massachusetts on October 30, where she spoke at the 2nd annual Work Without Limits conference, which convened 350 employers, service providers, people with disabilities and family members. Work Without Limits is a network of employers and others committed to closing the employment gap between people with and without disabilities in Massachusetts.
Community college leaders from across the country gathered in Northern Virginia Nov. 3-5 to learn from education experts, their peers and a few special guests about the best ways to design programs to take advantage of the administration’s unprecedented investment in the community college system. The 350 attendees represented winners of rounds two and three of the Trade Adjustment Assistance Community College Career Training initiative, which has invested nearly $2 billion since 2011.
Transportation Company MTS in Vallejo has Open Position in their Customer Service and Operations Department
The Company has experienced continuing growth in providing school bus transportation. MTS currently operates school buses, highway coaches, wheelchair vans, and a Limousine. We currently have a dispatch position open in our Customer Service and Operations Department. This is a Full-time Monday-Friday position located in Vallejo, CA. Salary will be based on experience.
The public transportation industry is one of many industries that is facing a huge number of retirements in the next 10 years. To assist recruiting new workers to this industry, Rutgers University’s John J. Heldrich Center for Workforce Development and Center for Advanced Infrastructure and Transportation, have partnered on the Transit Virtual Career Network online job portal.
A new report called What Works in Job Training: A Synthesis of the Evidence summarizes improving employment and educational outcomes for both adults and youth. The report looks at rigorous evaluations, such as impact studies that can point to the results that occurred as a result of a particular initiative.
- We have 6 Part time Administrative jobs! Pay ranges from $12/hr. to $16/hr.
- 20+ Call Center openings in Concord paying $13/hr. Starts December 1stand can go temp to hire for the right fit.
- I got a great retail position in working Wednesday thru Sunday noon to 9pm. $12/hr. Needs to have a Smart Phone in order to log timecard into an app.
EDD Revised Allocation of Workforce Investment Act (WIA) to California and Local Workforce Investment Areas
Assistant Secretary Martinez Celebrates NDEAM with Employers in Virginia and Wisconsin
Langley Air Force Base in Hampton, VA, observed National Disability Employment Awareness Month on October 23 by holding a training event for human resource professionals, hiring managers and supervisors. Assistant Secretary of Labor for Disability Employment Policy Kathy Martinez kicked-off the half-day event, updating participants on resources they can use to recruit, retain and advance qualified people with disabilities, including veterans.
The site is a resource and has no direct affiliation with the employers, organizations, schools, or events posted. To learn more, please contact
Dennis Rojas: 510-290-9705
December 9 @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- IMPLEMENTATION OF THE VETERANS RETRAINING ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (VRAP) June 21, 2012
- Rubicon in Berkeley is Hiring for a Staffing Specialist August 22, 2012
- ATTENTION: Fake Employer Stealing SS# and Money from Job Seekers February 8, 2013
- Report on a Study of Green Jobs and Health Care Programs March 28, 2013
- Part-Time Seasonal Positions at Concord Pavilion this Saturday April 26th April 22, 2014
- Class A Drivers Needed in Concord and San Jose November 21, 2014
- Time for a TechCheck: Ensuring Your Workplace is Technology Accessible November 21, 2014
- Disability Workforce News from the Department of Labor November 21, 2014
- Investing in Partnerships and Growing Career and Technical Education November 21, 2014
- Enterprise is Hiring for Drivers & Vehicle Attendant November 17, 2014
- assembly work at home: assembly work at home adwords help...
- Dennis Rojas: I apologize. Agencies forward job announcements a...
- Judy Matluck: I went to the US Post office website and they said...
- Manuel Morales: Will you have another job fair again. i didn't kn...
- email@example.com: The job fair was completely disorganized they say ...