The Porter/Janitor/Dishwasher position will manage the cleanliness and sanitizing of the facility. They will practice proper cleaning techniques and safety protocol. They will support our “Green Waste” program insuring all waste is separated. They will work in the dish room maintaining a clean, safe, sanitized area. The Janitor/Dishwasher will be responsible for leaving the dish area free of all used dishware and equipment at the end of their shift.
The Lead Maintenance Worker reports to the Director of Facilities and Purchasing and is responsible for overall repair, painting, plumbing, and electrical work, documentation of repairs, as well as delivery of and pickup of maintenance supplies. This position is also responsible for monitoring agency vehicle maintenance as needed. Maintenance worker is expected to perform routine and preventive maintenance and repairs for designated building(s), facilities and equipment, ensuring technical operations are in proper running order. The maintenance work position may also be required to perform a variety of troubleshooting tasks using inspection and specific maintenance skills. May have to oversee and coordinate work of other maintenance staff including coordinating services with programs and departments.
Responsible for warehouse inventory maintenance and reconciliation on a daily basis.
– Count all full goods and raw materials in the warehouse on a daily basis, manually or using a handheld scanner.
– Research and reconcile daily inventory variances.
– Reconcile the daily, monthly, and annual inventory to the SAP computer system.
– Identify and report close dated product.
The Receiver will manage all aspects of receiving products. They will inspect product upon delivery for quality and temperature control. They will manage invoices and packing slips and ensure all are promptly delivered to the office for processing. They will manage correct and orderly storage of all products in all storage areas according to the Revolution Foods HACCP program and rotate all product according to FIFO. The Receiver will be responsible for recording weekly inventory, and will conduct inventory counts on items as directed by Purchasing Manager. The Receiver is responsible for accurately recording and removing all waste from all areas of the kitchen by the end of each day. The Receiver will support kitchen production as directed by the Purchasing Manager.
This month’s issue includes:
- · Labor Force and Industry Employment Data for October 2013.
- · 2010-2020 Local Area Employment Projections.
- · Occupational Employment Survey (OES).
- · Publication Update – Vocations for Vets 2013.
- · The Anita Borg Institute Shares Best Practices to Retain Women in Tech Careers.
- · New Publication! Health Care in California.
The LMI e-Newslette is now online at http://www.calmis.ca.gov/
Assistant Secretary Martinez Celebrates the Developmental Disabilities Act
At a November 15 event to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the signing of the Developmental Disabilities Assistance and Bill of Rights Act, Assistant Secretary of Labor for Disability Employment Policy Kathy Martinez participated in a panel discussion on employment for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. “We in the Office of Disability Employment Policy believe that a presumption of employability should exist for all people with developmental disabilities,” said Martinez. “And we believe the time is now for our nation to value people with developmental disabilities for the unique skills and talents they bring, and to capitalize on those attributes by integrating them fully into our workplaces.” The meeting was hosted by the White House, the Administration on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, and the National Council on Disability,
Employers can access a variety of local services to identify qualified veterans, including veterans with disabilities. Of course, it’s also important to support veterans once on the job. To help, the Office of Disability Employment Policy’s Job Accommodation Network (JAN) offers a variety of materials, including information about accommodations that can enhance productivity for veterans with particular conditions.
Complete Coach Works is now hiring Mechanic Helpers for our new Alameda location. Complete Coach Works is the largest U.S. bus remanufacturing retrofit company with 27 years of dedicated service to the transportation industry.
- Mechanic Helpers: Primary function is to assist mechanics. Qualified candidates will possess a mechanical aptitude and the willingness to learn the diagnosing, repairing and or maintaining of transit buses. Must have the ability to operate basic tools and equipment relative to the repair or overhaul of transit buses, trucks or other automotive vehicles. Must have a minimum of two years mechanic experience. Pay $13.00 to $15.00 hourly DOE
Veterans Encouraged to Apply. See Attachments:
Salary: $12.00 per hour
Schedule: 2-3 days per week (No weekends)
Hours: 10am – 4:30/5:00pm
- Assist in all office functions, including drafting or preparing correspondence, scheduling appointments, returning phone calls, preparing labels and data entry.
- Filing documents and other general office duties.
- Greet all clients and office visitors in a professional manner
- Confirm all meeting by telephone within 24 hour prior to their appointment
Since 1967 Fastenal has grown from a single store to more than 2,600 locations, each providing tailored local inventory and personal service for our customers. As we’ve expanded across the world, we’ve retained a core belief in people and their ability to accomplish remarkable things – if given the opportunity. From this philosophy stems an entrepreneurial culture that challenges every employee to run their own business, create their own success, and rise up to become company leaders.
Working in the role of Sales Trainee, you will have the opportunity to balance formal training with real-world experience running a store and working with customers. It’s a great way to learn the ropes of our fast-paced industry and potentially transition into a Sales Associate or Outside Sales position. Fastenal Company is currently seeking candidates for a Sales Trainee position at our store located at 400 Franklin, Oakland, CA.
AHG Recycling is in need of a Driver to pick up products. Position available immediately!!
Job Duties and Requirements:
Employee will be driving 20 FT. Truck. He or She will pick up recycling products from clients to bring back to the business site. Will be driving in the bay area. Each trip may consist of 1- 2 hours.
- Must have Class (C ) California drivers license
- Must have good communication skills
- Customer services skills
- Clean DMV
- Experience is preferred but not required
- Must be able to lift up to 50lb.
Work location: San Ramon, CA
Rush your resume to: email@example.com
Performs a variety of administrative functions. Continue Reading →
PART-TIME RECEPTIONIST / ACCOUNTS PAYABLE REPRESENTATIVE
The front desk receptionist at the Evergent Group is the heart of our company. This person sets the tone for the entire corporate office and is hub to which all of the spokes are connected. The position goes well beyond just answering phones and greeting our visitors, as you can see by the partial list of responsibilities below. The right person will have excellent communication skills, a high level of professionalism, and a strong customer service attitude. Continue Reading →
Sales Focus, partnered with Sunrun, is working with an exciting and growing team in East Bay. Sunrun’s breakthrough technology makes Solar Power easily accessible to homeowners with no money down. Help lower homeowner’s electric bill and join this trend towards self-reliant and eco-friendly power.
EBAC is seeking an Afterschool Instructor for the agency’s OUSD based afterschool programs. Under the supervision of the Program Coordinator, the Afterschool Instructor will work with students in grades K – 5, determined by position availability. The instructor will provide both academic and enrichment programming. The goal of the academic support component is to create an environment where students can have fun learning and see themselves as successful students. The academic component provides students with academic intervention and homework supervision. The goal of the enrichment component is to expose students to a variety of classes, opportunities and to support their individual interests and skills.
Assistant Secretary Martinez Discusses Disability and LGBT Issues
At the 14th Annual National Career Opportunities for Students with Disabilities conference in Chicago on November 7, Assistant Secretary of Labor for Disability Employment Policy Kathy Martinez participated in a panel on “Disability and LGBT: Exploring the Gray.” Speaking to a group of major employers, college students and recent graduates, Martinez discussed the intersection between disability and diversity. She noted, “When we make strides toward equality for any community, whether the disability community, the LGBT community, or another historically marginalized population, it benefits all of us.”
During remarks he delivered at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation 3rd Annual Hiring Our Heroes Awards Dinner on Nov. 12 in Washington, D.C., Secretary Perez noted that transitioning service members and veterans “have an enormous contribution to make to our economy,” and it is essential that the federal government work with American businesses to help these heroes “succeed in the civilian economy.”
Short-Time Compensation designed to save jobs allowing employers facing a temporary decline in business
The STC program is designed to save jobs by allowing employers facing a temporary decline in business to reduce workers’ hours while maintaining their skilled, trained workforce. Employees’ jobs – and benefits – are preserved under STC, and workers receive a percentage of the unemployment benefits they would have received if totally unemployed, thereby helping workers. Participation by states is voluntary.
Mission of the Multicultural Institute in Richmond is Seeking Bilingual Life Skills Program Assistant
The Mission of the Multicultural Institute is to accompany immigrants in their transition from poverty and isolation to prosperity and participation. We are a dynamic, learning-centered organization committed to improving the quality of life of those we serve. The Outreach Assistant works under the supervision of the Program Director.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Must be Bilingual in Spanish & English
New Redesigned GED proficiency test will be implemented on January 2014 and will only be administered online
Beginning January 2, 2014, a new, redesigned General Educational Development (GED) proficiency test will be implemented by the GED Testing Service and will only be administered online.
The GED Testing Service’s test results are the only scores which the California Department of Education accepts for awarding the California High School Equivalency Certificate (often referred to as the “GED Certificate”).
The 2,600 American Job Centers provide training, employment services, and job search assistance to veterans and serve as a source of skilled workers for potential employers, was the message shared by Veterans’ Employment and Training Service Assistant Secretary for Policy Terry Gerton. She delivered her comments during a Nov. 14 panel discussion with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, Department of Defense, Department of Veterans Affairs and the “Joining Forces” White House veterans initiative held at the Disney Company’s Veterans Institute in Orlando, Florida.
The site is a resource and has no direct affiliation with the employers, organizations, schools, or events posted. To learn more, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
East Bay Job Developers incluye noticias y informacion sobre nuevas opportunidades del trabajo del Bay Area. El website es simplemente un recurso, y no esta conectado directamente a los empleados ni los eventos anunciados en el web. Para aprender mas, por favor escríbanos: email@example.com
MaryLiz van Nes: 508 246 7023
Dennis Rojas: 510-290-9705
View Calendar Add Add
- IMPLEMENTATION OF THE VETERANS RETRAINING ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (VRAP) June 21, 2012
- AssistMeLive in Oakland is looking for Bilingual Interpreters July 24, 2012
- Rubicon in Berkeley is Hiring for a Staffing Specialist August 22, 2012
- Bay Area AccentCare is Hiring for CNA’s & HHA’s Caregivers August 30, 2012
- Amtrack is hiring for Machine Operator; Welder; Mechanic; Foreman; Track Inspector September 14, 2012
- Revolution Foods in Oakland Hiring for Porter/Janitor/Dishwasher December 2, 2013
- Lead Maintenance Worker Position in Oakland December 2, 2013
- Coca Cola in San Leandro is Hiring for Inventory Control Assistant December 2, 2013
- Revolution Foods in Oakland Hiring for Receiver December 2, 2013
- San Francisco Job Fair Tomorrow at Hotel Whitcomb, Noon – 4pm December 2, 2013
- Maryliz Van nes: Hi Mary, Thanks for posting. I am unfortunately j...
- Mario moore: To whom this may concern I working in Memphis Airp...
- George Parrish: I've spoken before at EU, and once in awhile, I f...
- mary lens: I would like to hire two students to do yard work....
- Cheryl Martin, Project Manager, Workforce System Strategies: Dennis, Thanks for giving Workforce System Stratei...