While different job opportunities will be available in the various stages of the development beginning in fall 2012 through 2015, it’s important to register early. Job opportunities for the four stages of base development are:
- 2012 – Stage 1: Materials Handling
- 2013 – Stage 2: Site Preparation & Infrastructure
- 2014 – Stage 3: Building Construction
- 2015 – Stage 4: Operations
Possible skills and trades that may be needed include: Cement Masons, Dredging, Electricians, Equipment Operators, Laborers, Longshoremen, Operating Engineers, Pipe Fitters and Plumbers. Many jobs will require special skills, training and/or union membership. City staff, union reps, service providers and the developer’s staff are available to assist you in this process.
The Contracts & Compliance Division office is open to the public from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Stop by for information, applications and in-person assistance. The office is located at 250 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza, Suite 3341.For Assistance, Call or Email. City staff members are ready to assist you.
- Jonothan Dumas, Local Employment Supervisor, (510) 238-7359, firstname.lastname@example.org